Contrary to what some people may think, you can get organized, even if your track record doesn’t show it!!!
It’s all in the systems you use – in order to be successful at getting and staying organized, you must have the proper systems in place that work for you. Sometimes the standard methods and materials don’t work. There are many options available, and MasterPeace Solutions can help you find the systems that are personalized for you!!
These are the guidelines we use for a successful “MasterPeace Transformation”:
1. Make a list of all the spaces that are troubling you. Prioritize by listing them in order of most stressful to least stressful.
2. Depending on your tolerance level, start somewhere in the middle. This method will help prevent the feeling of being overwhelmed, and ensures that you will see results more quickly. Positive reinforcement helps!
3. Get an organizing buddy or hire a Professional Organizer to help you. Having a buddy offers some accountability, helps ease the decision-making process, and makes it more fun!
4. Then use the steps below to work through each space:
a. Sort and categorize. Put “like” items with “like” items. They want to live together! Trust me.
b. Purge old, unused and outdated items to make room for what you truly love!
c. Create a home for what you are keeping. When something has a home, you can always find it when you need it.
d. Contain. Resist the urge to splurge at the Container Store until you have completed the steps above. Measure first!
e. Continue to stay organized by using an easy maintenance routine. Depending on the space, choose a regular purging schedule to avoid backsliding.
5. Work only a few hours at a time and take breaks. Enjoy your new space!
Ashley Easley, Certified Professional Organizer